- Hahnbee Choi, Cert. CN
Purple Veggie Mix
Updated: Mar 18, 2022
Purple foods are rich in anthocyanins which are natural plant pigments that give food its vibrant purple color. Anthocyanins are a type of flavonoids and are water-soluble pigments belonging to the phenolic group. Flavanoids have an antioxidant effect, meaning they fight free radicals that damage cells and decrease the risk of certain diseases. Although plant matter is not essential for canines, small amounts can be beneficial.
This purple-inspired veggie mix uses two anthocyanin-packed vegetables plus a little kick of green.
1 small head of purple cabbage
3 red beets
½ cup of dandelion greens
1. Cut the cabbage head into fourths.
2. Steam cabbage for roughly 10 minutes or until fork-tender.
3. Wash & peel beets, and steam for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
4. Wait until cooked vegetables are cooled and blend on high until smooth.
5. Blend ½ cup of dandelion greens with water.
6. Mix all veggies together & feed!